Suzanne Alexander-Smith Q.C.
Suzanne skillfully represents individuals, businesses, associations, and municipalities across a full ambit of legal sectors. She is dedicated to her clients, and aware of and knowledgeable about the markets in which they operate. This in-depth level of understanding allows Suzanne to resolve her clients’ legal issues in a manner tailored to each client’s specific needs.
An advocate for public legal education, Suzanne has delivered many public legal education courses and seminars to Central Albertans. A former member of the Public Legal Education Network of Alberta and the Public Legal Education Association of Canada, Suzanne considers the sharing of public legal education and information as being critical for access to justice.
Suzanne was awarded the Queen’s Counsel (Q.C.) designation in 2014 in recognition of her contribution to the legal profession and public life in Central Alberta.
Suzanne is actively involved in our community, volunteering with various not-for-profit societies. She is a champion of pro bono causes and received the Distinguished Service Award for Pro Bono Services in 2010.
She is a graduate of the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law.
Areas of Practice
Memberships and Associations
Areas of Interest
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Expropriation Law
- Employment Law
- Labour and Administrative Law
- Residential Real Estate
- Family Law (By Referral)
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of Alberta – Called to the Alberta Bar in 1998
- Central Alberta Bar Society
- Canadian Industrial Relations Association (CIRA) – Southern Alberta Chapter
- Alberta Expropriation Association
- Central Alberta Association of Collaborative Lawyers
- Past President – Central Alberta Women’s Emergency Shelter
- Past President – Red Deer Hospice Society
- Central Alberta Legal Clinic Foundation – Involved in its establishment in 2004 and continuing as Board Member until 2014.
- Inaugural member of Pro Bono Law Alberta (2007 – 2014)
- Supporter of the Red Deer Community Bands Society and the Red Deer Royals
- Former member of the Red Deer Public Library Board and liaison with Red Deer College Library
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2014
- Recipient of Distinguished Service Award in 2010 from the Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Alberta for her work in pro bono service delivery
- Recipient of 2019 Red Deer Women of Excellence – Business and the Professions
Why Choose Us
Local Lawyers with an Albertan Skillset
Get Expert Legal Advice in Red Deer from Lawyers who have operated at a provincial and federal level.
Many competing firms treat their clients as file numbers. We pride ourselves on offering a personalized approach based on human contact. With effective communication and continuous contact we guide our clients at each step of the legal process.
1000s of Successful Cases
We are one of the best law firms in Red Deer with over 70 years and 1000s of successful cases.
Know The Law
We stay current on changes in all aspects of the law so you don’t have to.
History, Reputation, and Experience
We have been serving Red Deer since the 1950’s.
We do everything we can in the best interest of our clients. Every case. Every time.
We are a unique group of talented lawyers committed to providing consistently high quality services.
Gary W. Wanless
Suzanne Alexander-Smith, Q.C.